Monday, February 7, 2011

Hi, I'm Angela and I'm a fabricaholic ;-)

     First things first: after I made the appointment to have Dottie "scoped", the little stinker didn't cough at ALL friday night, saturday night or sunday night! She also only coughed a handful of times during the day and they were much "lighter" sounding. So I called the vet this morning and they said to finish up her meds (she's done tomorrow) and keep a close eye on her. So we're cautiously optimistic that she may not need the scope, at least for now. Praise God!

     Now on to the "real" news! As I mentioned in an earlier post, Walm.art is closing their fabric department. I originally thought that it was all of them but I spoke to two other stores and they are remaining open. Interesting. Anyway, we went to Walm.art yesterday to get a piece of fabric for the apron order I'm doing and the lady said that everything was going to be 75% off today. That is a huge discount! I asked her when it would go into effect and she said she thought it would be at midnight, but definitely by the morning. Right at that moment, a plan began to form in my little brain. As we were preparing for bed at around 11, I wasn't tired at all because I had stupidly had some chocolate chips on my ice cream for snack that afternoon. Caffeine really affects me! Anyway, since I was wide awake, I decided to call and see if the discount would indeed go through at midnight. The manager wasn't sure but she thought it would. I decided to take a chance and head over, especially since it would be SO much easier to go without J. Poor little guy gets so bored when mommy shops for material. R encouraged me to go (love him!) because, really, how often do you get a discount like that?

     Long story short(ish), I was there for 2 1/2 hours and got a ton of fabric at ridiculous prices! There were 3 store employees who had the same idea and we each had our carts overflowing with fabric. I tell you, I was nearly giddy with the sheer joy of it all! So at this very moment the back of my suv is packed with fabric. I need to somehow make space for it all before I bring it in. Bliss, pure bliss!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You won my Green Giant giveaway! Can you email me your address to jeninquincy@gmail.com?