Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My little Superhero

     So, John turned five in June. Five. I know, right? I have no idea how it happened either. Anyway, we had quite the celebration. Several in fact. The day before his birthday I sent cupcakes to his preschool. His birthday was on a Thursday which is a difficult day for parties so we went to the carnival with friends. He had a great time.




On Friday we had a party at a bounce place with his friends from school. I think we had about 15 kids there. Again, he had a blast.He got to sit in a throne to eat. A throne!



On Sunday we had his family party. My sister and her family came, my FIL, my SIL, John's cousin, and just a few friends. The theme was superheroes. I love, love planning parties. Give me a theme and I'll run with it!
We had superhero themed food:




The cupcake picks were so cute! I ordered them from amazon and they looked 3d in person. Very cute. I also ordered a pack of wall size superhero posters for photo ops which are now hanging in John's bedroom.
 We even had a Spiderman pinata. That's Russ in the Superman shirt. We all had superhero shirts; Russ and John had Superman and I had Batman. So fun!

A few weeks before the party, the ice cream truck came around and John got an Iron man ice cream bar; they also had batman, superman, etc. I thought it would be super cute to have them at his party. Well, you can't buy them in stores. Of course. I contacted the company and they said they don't sell directly to the public and suggested that I go to a store that sells them and ask them to order them for me. I tried several stores and they were unable to order them. Russ happened to be at the small deli that we get sandwiches from sometimes and he saw them in the cooler so he asked if they could order them and they said yes! Of course we paid far too much for them but they were such a cute addition to the party and everyone loved them, especially the adults. We ended up with Batman and Spiderman.
Now that's the face of a happy 5 (gulp!) year old! My little superhero!

John enjoyed all of his parties and I think he felt so special, which is exactly what I wanted for him. It has been rough since Mary passed away and we all needed some fun. This sure fit the bill!

No comments: