Saturday, August 31, 2013

Thrifting haul!

I love going to thrift stores, yard sales, and flea markets! I have found some wonderful treasures and it is such a great feeling to find a bargain. This morning Russ said he felt like going out and about and he asked me if I felt like going to the Goodwill store. For future reference, the answer to that question is always yes. I love when bloggers show their "haul" from thrifting, so I thought I'd share my haul from Goodwill today. Cue Macklemore playing in the background.

I LOVE fall! How cute is this turkey set? The tureen was $2.99 and the napkin holder was only .99!

This purse looks almost new and it has a long strap, which I love. It is so hard to find a purse with a long strap lately.
These are for keeping dips cool or warm at parties. We love having parties and I thought these would be great. The snowman was 2.99 and it was half price (1.50, yay!) and the snowflake one was also 2.99 but it was full price. I saw the snowflake one on my last trip but didn't get it and regretted it. I was happy to see that it was still there waiting for me.
This little "house" is so cute and springy. It has a shelf inside. Not sure yet where I will use this, but I thought it was adorable. More than likely, John will use it as a hideout for his action figures. It was $2.99.
Dora and Diego dvd for John (1.99), a Christmas cd and a Celtic music cd for John's sleeping music .99 each.
This frame/shelf is neat, I haven't seen one like it before. I has a groove (for plates?) on the shelf and the bottom part holds 5 pictures. It hasn't been used, but it's chipped, so I will paint it. It is quite heavy. It was $3.99.

I got a bag of pine cone ornaments for the holiday tree in my dining room (.99), a new travel coffee mug (1.99), a bag of four metal cookie cutters that I actually don't have (.50), and a nutcracker ceramic dish (.99). John loves nutcrackers; I figured he could put this in his bedroom.
I also got a pair of shorts and a faux suede shirt for $2.00 each. All in all, quite a successful trip. I love thrifting! Have you found any good deals lately?



No comments: