Monday, December 19, 2011

I had forgotten how difficult moving is

It has been less than three years since we moved here from Va. In that short time, I had somehow forgotten what a daunting task moving actually is. I cannot believe the amount of "stuff" that we have! Because of my crafting "business," I have two embroidery machines (one is currently not working), one regular sewing machine and a serger plus a huge inventory of fabric. I also may have a *slight* obsession with dishes and it took me nearly thirty boxes just to pack the contents of my china closet. I haven't even started packing our clothes (again, I have an obscene amount) or the kitchen stuff, or our nick-knacks. We have hired movers this time and I think that is stressing me out even more. Will they think I'm a hoarder? Will they resent having so much to carry? I know it's their job and they've probably seen much worse but it's bothering me that the estimator set a number for boxes and I'm pretty sure we've already exceeded that and we're maybe half packed. They charge by weight and I've already resigned myself to the fact that we will be over that limit too.

I'm also trying to fit in as many doctors appointments as I can before we move and trying to remember everything that needs to be done. Plus I feel guilty that things are in turmoil and John has been watching more tv than I would  like. I keep telling myself that it will be over soon; John and I leave in NINE more days and then Russ will follow six days later. Of course then we will have to unpack everything, settle in and find jobs and a preschool.  Plus my mother is still not speaking to me, going on twelve days now.

Despite the stress and turmoil of our lives right now, I am very excited to move! I am looking forward to getting together with "old" friends and making new friends. I feel like we are making a new start and we are committed to improving our lives. Onward and upward!

No comments: