Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Start

Wow, it seems like forever since I've written here! After a nightmarish experience with our movers (a story for another time) we are all settled here in NJ. Russ has found a job but I haven't yet. I've applied to lots of them but it's a hard time of the year to get a teaching job. I'm really hoping I'll have better luck in the fall. For now I'm going to do as many craft shows as I can to try and bring in a little bit of money. I am really enjoying being home with John for a little longer too. It was beautiful outside today and we took a walk downtown and then to a park. Poor little guy was so worn out that he actually asked me to carry him the last few blocks. He seriously has never done that before. We've had such a mild winter, we only got one semi-measurable snow and even that melted the same day. Loving the little taste of spring we've had lately too.

We have been spending a lot of time with my in laws. Seems like we have dinner together at least 2-3 times a week. Mary (my MIL) loves having John around and it makes me so happy. I've taken them to several doctors appts and I think they really like that I'm not working yet. We've gotten together with "old" friends several times already, and in some ways it feels like we never left. We're having a dinner party at the end of the month for several of my high school friends, can't wait to see them! I find myself happier than I have been in a very long time. My mother isn't speaking to me (a story for my other blog) but I am at peace with that situation as well. I'm doing my best to enjoy every minute I am given here on earth and spending it with the people I love the most. Our house in PA hasn't sold yet but my aunt and uncle are renting it while they look for a house to buy. I know Russ is worried about money but I know that God has a plan for all of us and I'm trying to follow where He leads me.

No comments: