Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quick catch up

Haven't written in awhile so here's a quick summary of what's been going on around here:

*Russ got back from NJ yesterday. His parents' house was damaged pretty badly but is fixable. He did a lot of work while he was there and his sister is there now to help with paperwork. We were all going to go this weekend but he has to work so we'll go another time.

*We've decided that I am not going to get a job right now because this is the busiest time of year for Russ at work and there would be too many evenings that he doesn't get home in time to watch John. The options would then be to ask my mother to watch him or call out of work, both of which are less than desirable. My mother has made it abundantly clear that she is "unavailable" to help and I don't want to ask her for anything unless it is an emergency. So, the plan is for me to get things made for craft shows and do some baking for extra money and then when things slow down for Russ at work (after Christmas) I will look for something then.

*It is an understatement to say that I am thrilled to have the opportunity to stay home with John again. I love spending time with him and he will never be this age again. Now I just need to find the motivation to start sewing again.

*John and I went to the flea market on Saturday. It was sad to go without Russ because we enjoy going as a family but we had a good time looking around. And can you believe that the kitchen "store" was not there? Yeah, I was not thrilled but we stopped at a country store on the way home and I got some adorable cookie cutters. More expensive of course but way cute. I will be making some "practice" cookies tomorrow. I'm hoping to sell some at a craft show in October and perhaps take some orders for the holidays.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Just enjoying the precious gift I've been given of time with my favorite boy and trying to get motivated to craft.

No comments: