Friday, September 2, 2011

Missing my hubby

Russ left yesterday to head to NJ to help his parents clean up after their house was flooded by hurricane Irene. He won't be back until Monday evening. John and I were going to go along but there's no way I'd let John go in their house with all the mold that is growing so he would be stuck in the hotel most of the time and that wouldn't be fair to him. Plus someone (most likely me) would of course have to stay with him so it made more sense for us to just stay here. John and I are used to Russ traveling for work, but this will be the longest stretch he's been away from us. We certainly have enough things that need done to keep us busy but I find myself not wanting to do much. I think I have pms too, which isn't helping my mood very much. We went to the goodwill store today, and tomorrow we are going to the monthly flea market that we missed last month. It won't be as much fun without Russ, but there will only be one more this year and I really want to buy some new cookie cutters. Plus the last one is in October and it is not out of the ordinary for us to have snow in October. So, John and I will go on our own and we will enjoy our day even though we both will be missing Daddy. Praying for his safety and for all those who have been affected by the storm.

No comments: