Monday, September 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Mary!

     We make a big deal out of birthdays around here. Mary's birthday was two weeks ago, and I knew John would want to do something to celebrate it. He's all about cake (that's my boy!), so I knew we would have cake. We were talking about it the night before her birthday and he was sad that we couldn't give her presents. I got an idea and I told him we could buy her a balloon and he could write her a note and we'd let it float up to her in Heaven. He loved the idea and got so excited!

The next day he drew her a picture and signed it. Those are hearts at the bottom.

I tied the note to the balloon string, we sang Happy Birthday to her (while crying, not an easy feat) and sent the balloon straight to Heaven.
Happy Birthday in Heaven, Mary! We love and miss you! XOXO


No comments: