Saturday, May 19, 2012

John-isms

     My son John will be 4 years old next month. Just writing that amazes me. After battling infertility for more than 3 years I can hardly believe he's here, let alone about to turn 4! He is an amazing boy and I am in complete awe of him. He is friendly to everyone, smart as a whip, and cute as a button. (yes I'm biased) He has started to ask questions that are sometimes difficult for me to answer. We have never "talked down" to him and we use real words with him for everything, including body parts. He understands so much and wants to learn more. He has been asking a lot about Heaven and Hell lately. The other day he asked me how angels get a bath. I told him that I didn't know. He thought a moment and said "maybe God licks them." My MIL's cats recently had kittens and he has been watching the mother cat care for them. The more I thought about it, the more I loved his theory. It paints God as our loving father who cares for us gently and attends to our every need. John understands things so well for his age.
     The other day Russ and John were playing and Russ put a shoebox on his head sideways. John looked at him and said "that looks like Napoleon's hat." We watched Night at the mu.seum and he made that connection himself. Amazing.
     John is very interested in knights. There is a renaissance fair at the county park this weekend and we're taking him tomorrow. I'm pretty sure he will be blown away and I can't wait to experience this with him. He's an amazing kid and I'm so blessed to be his mother!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This made me smile. I love the things little kids say.