Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Today

Today I woke up at 3:25 am and started thinking about how difficult this day would be for us. I didn't go back to sleep.
Today I woke my son at 6am, peeled him from his warm cozy bed and took him out into the 19 degree weather for a 40 minute drive to the hospital.
Today I held my son as a nurse coaxed blood from his finger drop by drop into a vial to test him for diabetes.
Today I waited for the test results that had the potential to drastically alter our lives forever.
Today I rejoiced upon hearing that his results were normal.
Today I held him a little tighter, and lingered a little longer as I put him to bed.
Today I will say a prayer for the parents who did not receive the same good news that I did.
Today I am hoping for a good night's sleep because tomorrow we will return to our routine.
Today I am so deeply grateful for routine.
Today and everyday I am so thankful to be his mother.

No comments: